Friday, February 27, 2009

Curry Puts Allen Iverson On Bench For Rip Hamilton

After loosing eight games in a row, Michael Curry decided to bench Allen Iverson and put Rip Hamilton back into the starting line-up. He says that this is his final move, but I don't think so.

I don't believe that Rodney Stuckey, who is just in his second season in the NBA is ready to lead the team as a starter. It's too much pressure for him right now. Eventually, Curry is going to have to put Rodeny back on the bench where he's comfortable.

The only reason why coach Curry haven't put Rodney Stuckey back on the bench yet is because coach he have this silly notion/theory that Allen Iverson and Rip Hamilton can't play well together, simply because their style of play is different. I've seem Rip Hamilton and Allen Iverson play alongside each other, and they seem to play well together. So what's the problem?

It was actually the three guard line-up of Rodeny Stuckey, Allen Iverson and Rip Hamilton that wasn't working. A young guy like Rodney Stuckey who is only in his second season in the NBA, simply could not handle that type of talent all at once.

So the problem is not a lack of chemistry between Allen Iverson and Rip Hamilton, the problem is coach Curry's decision to insert a point guard in the starting line-up who simply isn't ready for the task.

I understand him wanting to insert some young guys in the starting line-up, but he needs to come to the realization that the young guys just aren't ready.

There's been a lot of talk about the Pistons poor record with Allen Iverson on the team, but the Pistons lost eight in a row with Rodney Stuckey in the starting line-up, and there's no talk about that.

I wish I was the coach. If I was the coach, I would put Rodney Stuckey back on the bench where he's comfortable and let Allen Iverson due his thing alongside Rip Hamilton.

Yes, Allen Iverson can play the point guard position, but as usual coach Curry have the wrong notion about that too.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

MY NAME IS CORDERA ZENO N IM FROM LAFAYETTE, LA. I'VE BEEN A A.I. FAN FOR YEARS. N UR RIGHT ABOUT I THING, CURRY MAKES BAD DECISIONS. PEOPLE KEEP BLAMING A.I. FOR THE TEAMS FAILERS BUT THE REAL REASON IS FOR ONE RASHEED TAKES TO MUCH THREES INSTEAD OF PLAYING HIS ROLE BY BEING A CENTER N REBOUND; PRINCE IS A STREAKY SCORER; N RIP CANT CREATE A SHOT WIT DEFENSE ON HIM. BUT DA BLAME IS A.I.. A.I. GOES OUT THERE N PLAYS LIKE ITS HIS LAST GAME. HE WILL GIVE U HIS ALL. NOW IF I WUZ DA COACH THIS WOULD BE MY STARTING 5; STUCKEY AT POINT; A.I. AT THE 2; RIP AT THE 3; PRINCE AT DA 4; N RASHEED AT DA 5. THAT SHOULD BE THE LINE UP BUT CURRY CANT COACH N A.I. IS THERE BEST PLAYER SO DA DETRIOT FAN BASE NEEDS 2 STOP USING A.I. AS AN ESCAPE GOAT CUZ AFTER L.BROWN STOP COACHING N BEN WALLACE LEFT, DETRIOT BEEN FALLING OFF. SO KEEP DA FACTS STRAIGHT.