Monday, March 2, 2009

Don't Blame Allen Iverson

Don't blame Allen Iverson for the Pistons eight game losing streak. If anything, blame it on the Pistons moping around and not playing with any spirit, because they didn't like the coaches decision to put Rip Hamilton on the bench. Yeah I said it!

If I didn't like coach Curry's decision to bench Rip Hamilton, then I know Rips teammates didn't like it either.

For six straight games the only Pistons playing with energy and spirit was the two guys who desperately want to win the championship, and that's Allen Iverson and Antonio Mcdyess. I don't know what you other Pistons fans saw, but that's what I saw.

It appears that by the seventh and eighth game, the Pistons started to feel sorry for Allen Iverson because of how hard he was trying to win, so they decided to play with more heart. Unfortunately Allen Iverson got injured and in the following game, Rasheed lost his cool and the Pistons ended up losing both games.

The important thing that I saw in those two games was how well the Pistons can play with Allen Iverson, when they make and effort to do so.

Some people want to follow the trend of blaming everything on Allen Iverson, but like I said before, when Rip Hamilton was out due to injury, the Pistons won seven straight, and that was with Allen Iverson and Rodney Stuckey sharing the court, but as soon as coach Curry announced that Rip would be coming off the bench, the Pistons started playing like they didn't like each other.

I will always be a Pistons fan, but I'm also not afraid to say that sometimes, their attitudes stink. When Chauncey Billups was traded to Denver, he mentioned how the Pistons deliberately wouldn't play right, whenever they were mad at the coach or didn't agree with the coaches decisions.

That certainly might explain why the Pistons won seven straight games when Rip was injured, but lost eight in a row when coach Curry announced that Rip would be coming off the bench.

The Pistons are definitely a better team with Rip in the starting line-up, but to lose eight in a row with Rip on the bench is absolutely ridiculous.

Knowing the attitude of the Pistons, I wouldn't put it pass them to play as awful as they possibly could to show how much they disagreed with the coaches decision. Heck, they treated Larry Brown like garbage and he was the best coach that they had.

For those with amnesia, let me remind you that the Pistons complained every time Larry Browns name was mentioned in the media, as if coaches don't deserve any credit for their teams success. That's right! So, I blame them for chasing away the best coach that they ever had.

Chauncey Billups said that he feel sorry for Allen Iverson... Yeah, well I do to.

I was wrong to single out Rodney Stuckey, and blame him for the Pistons losing streak. If anything, the careless, non-nonchalant attitude of the Veteran ring leaders, probably made him feel guilty for replacing Rip in the starting line-up, therefore causing him to not be able to concentrate.

If you notice, now that Rip is back in the starting line-up, the Pistons are all smiles. They're back talking to one another. They act like they like each other and most importantly their winning.

Does that mean that they don't like Allen Iverson? No, nor does it mean that they can't win with Allen Iverson. It's just that Rip means a little more to them...

Let me explain...

If Rip would've became upset enough to leave and play elsewhere, they're would only be two people left from the original Pistons championship team. I'm sure that's all they could think about.

I just hope Allen Iverson can understand that. I say, if A.I. can put up with the Pistons crazy mood swings then he's keeper. I just hope he gets the opportunity to play alongside Rip Hamilton. I would love to see that.

No comments: